Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gladstone Central QLD
 Our current adventure finds us in Gladstone, Central QLD, catching fish like this one everyday bar one! Have been eating barra for lunch and dinner everyday. I caught this metre plus barra on the second cast, followed by six small ones. Tyler even caught a small one last night. They taste so great!!

Today we explored the little town of Tannum Sands, not a lot there, very nice little beach and estuary area with real shells all over the beach. It is so cool to walk along a beach covered in shells and help the kids pick out the best ones to keep. Planning to stay here another day as lee really wants to go spearfishing for a barra. One of his brothers friends speared a small one out of a school at the river mouth today and it was over a metre long!! 
The kids have been cooking batches of brownies and cup cakes and selling them at the local caravan park and rest stop, Jas has made $72 and Tyler $40 in two trips selling. They sold out in 20 mins today and are both really keen to get up in the morning and start baking!!
Map of Queensland Capricorn Coast - Gladstone Rockhampton Bundaberg Keppel Tannum Sands Heron island Yeppoon





For more pics of our time in Gladstone follow the link.

2 comments:

  1. wow Julie good to see you guys are still hauling in the big fish, I remember the time Lee and yourself took me for a day out chasing Mackerel at Sawtell so many years ago. You guys look well and you have two wonderful additions since I saw you those many years ago, well done and enjoy your trip around Oz, if I knew you where around Noosa I would of taken you guys out on my boat.
    Say Hi to everyone for me and take care. Mick Wray@TenancyPlus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im married again and lovin life, I havent had any more kids and the boys from my first marriage are all grown up just about, I sold my boat about two weeks ago cause the boys grew up and didnt want to come with anymore. So i sold her and bought an XR8 ute instead. The fishin is good here, specially in the warmer months when the mackerel are on up to 25 kg and love Cobia to catch and eat.

    ReplyDelete